Since developing mobile apps has become an obvious step to deck up their digital footprints, they often become worried whether they can afford the cost of development or whether they need to dump their business website and switch to mobile apps. Many businesses still harbor doubts about the benefits of mobile app development. Here we are going to answer these frequently asked questions and doubts concerning mobile app development.
How can you make a better digital footprint with an app?
Having a website is essential for every business to help customers find out the brand and its offerings. But with a dedicated mobile app, the business can further extend its digital presence. Mobile-optimized websites help a local business become visible to the online audience. Even the most user-friendly and responsively designed website happens to be very complex and time-consuming compared to a mobile app. This is why mobile apps happen to be the must-have interfaces to help customers engage and boost business conversion.
Apps by offering a highly native mobile experience can easily address more relevant customer concerns. The vast majority of businesses decided to re-shape their digital presence with a new customer-centric app besides having a fully-fledged business website. This is principal because apps offer a much-enhanced user experience compared to websites.
How Mobile App Will Benefit My Business?
Anyone having experience making a purchase from a business website alongside an app clearly understands the differences between the two interfaces. An app benefits a business in numerous ways. Let us mention some of these benefits offered by an app to a business.
- Improving brand identity: A mobile app helps improve the brand presence and helps it ensure more visibility to a wider audience.
- Easier customer engagement: Thanks to superior user experience, a mobile app ensures smooth customer engagement and increased customer footfall.
- Increased business conversion: With sophisticated and effortless product browsing and intuitive interactions, a mobile app ensures more actionable commands leading to a higher conversion rate.
- A level playing field for everyone: Even a small and local business can now compete with a big brand by offering an app with a unique and sophisticated user experience.
- Ease of tapping into customer intent: A mobile app allows easy tapping into customer insights through integrated data-driven analytics.
- Incorporating innovations: Mobile apps, more than any other interface, can incorporate cutting edge tech innovations such as Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Chatbots, voice search, etc. for superior customer experience.
How much should you spend to build and maintain an app?
The budget remains a key consideration for most mobile app projects around the world. Especially for small and local businesses, the budget remains the most negative factor to turn them off from the energy and enthusiasm to build a mobile app. Whether it is an android app development company in Illinois, New York or Detroit, most of them face the challenge of low-budget expectations.
Now, you can either go for a mobile app design and development company to create a custom-designed and custom-built app or embrace a do-it-yourself (DIY) approach by using an app maker tool. These two approaches have significant differences in terms of development cost.
Let us provide you with some help to consider any of these two approaches. DIY tools, as many perceive, are not always about creating a very dull, ‘one size fits all kind of app user experience. Despite being less expensive, they can build exciting, professional-looking apps. But these tools fit in-app projects that are less unique in concepts, less complicated in terms of technical requirements, and less heavy with features.
Suppose you have a really ambitious app project with unique user experience attributes, complex technical requirements, and many features. In that case, it is always advisable to go for an expert development company with years of experience and solid exposure across multiple app projects.
To reduce the initial development cost, plan for launching a minimum viable product (MVP) instead of building a fully-fledged app. Based upon subsequent audience feedback, you can make value additions and incorporate changes.
Why should a local business outsource mobile app development?
It is already well known that a business can reach out to developers in faraway lands in search of better expertise, skills, and reduced development cost. This outsourcing of app development is particularly effective for local businesses with no technical expertise and skills. Here are the key reasons for a local business to opt for outsourcing.
- Cost-effective development: Saving the cost of development is the key reason for local businesses to embrace outsourcing. If your business is in the US and Europe, look towards the East for a cheaper alternative to hiring experts. India offers some of the best app development companies with highly skilled developers while ensuring a much affordable development cost.
- Enhanced efficiency: A local business has little expertise in managing a demanding IT project. By hiring a dedicated development company, it can enhance efficiency and ensure faster development time.
- Great infrastructure and resources: Professional outsourcing development companies have the most advanced IT infrastructure and diversely skilled resources to deal with a wide variety of app projects.
- Unparalleled security: A reputed development company with several high-end projects in its portfolio follows the best security practices and ensures using the industry-best security tools, benchmarks, and standards for an app project.
- Round-the-clock support: A dedicated outsourcing team ensures continuous and round-the-clock support for an app project and ensures fast and seamless delivery.
- Committed maintenance and updates: A development company for a local business becomes its technology partner and takes care of all the future maintenance, value additions, and updates for the app project.
We cleared several misconceptions and myths that make rounds among the businesses by answering these frequently asked questions regarding local business app development. Go ahead and shape your first branded mobile app.
This post may contain affiliate links.