Beat The Summer Heat: 8 Ways To Keep Yourself Cool
Who doesn’t love summer?
Summertime is the most awaited season of the year. We’re all thinking of fun and long days ahead of us. It is fun to plan family outings and travels where we could wear those colorful bikinis we bought over winter. Truly the perfect time to grab an amazing summer pic.
Unfortunately, there is a downside to this glorious season. Hot temperatures, humidity, and heat waves are indications of a sweaty summer. Outdoor activities become challenging and even the fittest person will feel the impact of extreme heat. And when temperatures reach their peak record, heat-related illnesses hit us such as heat stroke, heat cramps, and heat exhaustion.
We love summer but can’t take the heat. Don’t let the temperature get you down, here are a few tips to keep yourself cool and beat the heat.
- Stay hydrated.
The key to staying safe this summer is staying hydrated. Consistent sweating can cause dehydration and it is recommended to drink at least 8-ounce servings of water a day to replenish the fluid level in the body. However, IV Hydration has also become more popular and efficient nowadays because it delivers fluids directly into your bloodstream. Here are the benefits of IV Hydration infusion.
- Faster absorption
- It’s easier on the digestive system
- Shorter recovery time
- A customized solution designed to what you need
- Flush out toxins from your body more effectively
- Keep your feet cool.
Your feet contain many pulse points that are connected to the rest of the body. They need to breathe too, so here are some ways to keep your feet cool.
- Go barefoot if you’re just staying at home.
- Dip your feet in cold ice water
- Place a cold, damp cloth over your feet for a cooling sensation
- Keep your make-up light.
The fewer products you put on your face, the better. Limit yourself from the heavy layering of foundation, concealer, highlighter and powder. Here are summer make-up tips to sweat-proof your look.
- Skip the shimmer or anything too luminous
- Change heavy lipsticks for lip stains
- Use tinted moisturizer instead of heavy cream foundations
- Try a monochrome look, invest in the product that does it all
- Cold showers.
Embrace ice-cold showers at the height of summer. It is one of the best ways to brings down your body temperature. Here are some benefits of taking a cold shower.
- Calm itchy skin
- Increases blood circulation
- Reduce muscle soreness
- Give your skin and hair a healthy glow
- Help you wake up in the morning
- Wear loose-fitting and light-colored clothes.
Lightweight, light-colored and loose-fitting clothes are the best options to wear during summer. It limits sun exposure and keeps you cooler because more air passes over your body. Here are some fashion tips to keep your look cool during summer.
- Look for lightweight cotton and linen pants
- Go for wide-leg pants, oversized top, and dresses
- Choose white or any light colors in your wardrobe
- Wear rompers, mini skirts, and mini dresses
- Play with texture and wear clothes with accents like seersucker and eyelet
- Update your insulation.
Keep cool air in your home by adding more insulation. With proper insulation, you won’t have to depend on the air conditioning or sitting near a fan to feel cozy. Here are home insulations that work best in the summer.
- Open your window to let the air in and out
- Circulating air with fans
- Put some water or ice in a dish below the fan
- Limit sunlight exposure.
It is okay to spend time outside but stay sun-safe. Sun damage makes us look tired and older, so better take these steps to stay safe from sun damage.
- Find shade especially between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., it is when the sun’s burning rays are the strongest
- Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30; Reapply if needed
- Bring an umbrella or wear a wide-brimmed hat to protect the skin
- Protect your eyes with sunglasses that block 99% of UV light
- Save the Earth.
Or what we call “Earth Hour”. The purpose of this is to keep temperatures down by switching off all the non-essential lights for an hour and help the planet at the same time. Here are some ideas to enjoy the on-the-night Earth Hour experience.
- Candlelit dinner
- Turning your garden or living room into a camping space
- Themed movie night
- Show your creative side by using glow-in-the-dark neon paint
- Transform your living room into a runway and unleash your artistic side by making your costume from recyclable materials
- Show your dance moves and invite your family and friends to a silent disco
This post may contain affiliate links.