Why Custom Car Detailing Is Better Than Standard Car Detailing
Some people may find it confusing when they are told to choose between standard car detailing and custom car detailing. What makes one different from the other? Is there a better option between the two?
The reason why confusion is common when a customer is presented with these two options is because these two are very different offerings. Standard detailing services include the cleaning of your vehicle’s interior and other surfaces. Custom car detailing involves so much more.
It includes the polishing and restoration of certain parts of your car to make it look almost like new. These include the restoration and polishing of parts of your vehicle like the bumper, the grill, mirrors, and many more. The amount of detailing you want to have done on your vehicle is where the customization part comes in. You choose from a list of services what is done to your vehicle in terms of detailing and the service provider will give it to you.
Other Things to Expect from a Custom Car Detailing Service
Aside from the standard cleaning and polishing, you can also expect a slew of other services from these providers. What they offer is dependent on the level of expertise that their technicians have. Some of these companies even offer to correct paint problems and flaws that have surfaced on your car over the years. Scratches, discoloration, dull spots, and other problems that can happen to you car’s paint surface can be fixed by these professionals.
As the name suggest, they custom detail your vehicle, so whatever you need to have done to make your car look amazing, they have a service for it. These can include the following:
- Window tinting – If you want to darken or lighten your window’s tint, custom detailing shops can do this for you.
- Paint correction – If your vehicle’s paint is fading in spots or some areas of your car’s surface have started to discolor, some custom car detailing companies can help you fix it with paint correction services.
- Deep cleaning – This is for the interior of your vehicle and can involve the removal of your car’s seats so technicians can clean areas that are normally not reachable by standard cleaning practices and vacuums. Once all areas inside your car are clean, seats and other attachments are expertly returned.
- Carpet shampooing and stain removal – This is another service that a custom detailing company can offer their customers. This can involve the removal of the carpet or simply steam cleaning it within then drying with a powerful dryer. Removal of odors and deep-seated dirt is also done here.
- Dry cleaning of interior fabric surfaces – Some vehicles have areas that are covered in fabric which are difficult to remove. These include the ceiling of the vehicle and the covering of the inside of the doors. These can get dirty and will need to be cleaned to restore them to their good-as-new look. Dry cleaning is often the solution for these things.
Aside from old cars being restored and cleaned, custom car detailing companies can also offer to protect new cars from deteriorating. This is done with protective services that help slow down the deterioration of your new vehicle’s surfaces. These include:
- Ceramic coating – This is applied to the surface of your vehicle’s paint. Aside from protecting the paint, it also adds a glossy sheen to your car so that it looks like a surface of glass is on your car’s paint.
- Vinyl wrapping – Wrapping your car in vinyl is another choice for protecting the paint underneath. Aside from the added protection, you can also give your car a different color and even add designs to it with this method.
- Windshield protection – Just like ceramic coating for your car’s paint, protecting your windshield from scratches and breaking can be done using this method.
These are just some of the reasons why custom car detailing is much better than standard auto detailing. Expect to pay more for these services though since these require specialized equipment and trained professionals to get done. These services also take longer than regular detailing so you may be without a vehicle for 48 hours when you choose to have these done.