Interesting Health Facts
When you exercise you ‘overload’ your body (i.e. heart, lungs, muscles, and circulatory system). This causes more blood to be delivered to working muscles, thus causing your entire body to become stronger through the process. Muscle-strengthening exercises ‘overload’ your muscles, making them stronger.
83% of Americans usually eat at their desk to save money and time.
A University of Arizona study found that the average desk has 100 times more bacteria than a kitchen table and 400 times more than the average toilet seat – YUCK! Wash your hands and your desk before and after eating anything!
When your project is interrupted by an incoming email it typically takes about 4 minutes to get back on track. If you check just 15 emails while working on projects, you have just lost about an hour of productive time.
You should lotion your feet regularly to avoid dry skin. But, not between the toes because this causes excess moisture to build up and can cause something as little as toe jam, or something as painful as athlete’s foot.
A few simple tips to lose 2 pounds a month:
- Eat in the kitchen or dining room – not in front of the TV or at your desk
- Eat off salad-size plates rather than larger dinner plates – this will reduce the amount of food you eat immediately
- Keep unhealthy foods and snacks out of immediate line of sight and move healthier foods to eye-level areas in the cupboard and refrigerator – or get rid of the unhealthy foods altogether
- Take a healthy lunch with you to work rather than going out to eat
- Don’t eat right before you go to bed
- Get at least 30 minutes of cardio in to your daily routine at least 3-4 days per week
- Go for a short walk (15-30 minutes) after eating (this can be counted as your daily cardio if it is a brisk walk for 30 minutes)
What other tips do you have? Do you do any of these things already? Has it helped you?