How Do You Handle Stress?
Face it, we all have it. It creeps up when we least expect it, it can overwhelm us, it can make or break us, it can cause medical issues, etc. What is it? It’s that nasty thing called STRESS. Whether we are the type to take stress in stride or let it overcome us, it’s there. I’m talking about the unexpected, almost always unexplained, and have to deal with stresses. These would be things like:
- Car breaking down and costing a lot of $$ to fix
- Child (or yourself) gets really sick
- Injury to you, your child, or your spouse
- Car accident
- Unexpected expenses
We need to learn how to deal with it, how to understand, how to live with it, and how to not let it kill us.
Everyone has different ways to cope with stress. Below are just a few (healthy) ideas:
- Workout (my preferred choice)
- Go for a walk
- Focus on the positive (not always easy, but possible)
- Talk to someone (either a close friend or counselor)
How do you handle stress?