Promotional Events For Retail Businesses
- Have a Tent Event! Make it a success by advertising your event, inviting your current customer base as VIPs, offering specials during off-peak hours, decorating, playing music (or have a radio station participate), and serving food and drinks.
- Merchandise for holidays and seasons.
- For Father’s Day, put up ‘Happy Father’s Day’ or ‘Thanks for Everything, Dad’ signs (the same for Mother’s Day). Consider merchandising gift packages with a theme like grilling or golf. Go all out and sponsor a Father of the Year contest with the coolest gadgets for the best dad. Have appropriate gift wrap and cards, and include a card or flyer with store info in case Dad has any questions. Another example would be using 4th of July decorations for a summer promotion.
- Merchandise your windows with the patriotic look using red, white and blue flags and posters. Then for summer, just add picnic basket, grilling and beach items.
- Consider sponsoring a vacation picture contest. Dedicate wall space and have customers submit photos of summer time fun taken with their cell phones.
- Hold a Side Walk Sale with a special deal-of-the-day. Be sure to advertise and decorate to draw traffic.
Do you hold regular promotional events? If so, please share some of your ideas.