35 Ways To Maximize Holiday Sales
I know it’s not the holidays…yet…but it’s never too early to start planning for marketing to get the most out of your holiday sales. After all, Christmas is only a few short months away!! Here are some ideas to get your brain working.
ACTION ITEMS FOR MAXIMIZING HOLIDAY SALES
- Merchandize your windows to draw in traffic
- Place hot items, display front of store on right when customer enters.
- Create non-inventory signage
- Help your silent sales person, the store place signage with leading questions around the store.
- Offer gift wrapping (all seasons appropriate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza)
- Stocking stuffer section
- Gifts under $20 section
- Kid appropriate gifts
- Advertise holiday specials
- Contact customers to seek opportunities
- Holiday dress for store employees
- Play holiday music
- Serve snacks, drinks (water, hot chocolate, cider)
- Holiday focused tent event with dealer rep
- Hire ‘human’ signs
- Cross market: Place store specials in neighbor’s retail stores
- Send follow up information for add on sales
- Market Family Share: Call to see if people want to add lines as a gift
- Put gift certificate program in place
- Display impulse purchase (gift items) at counter where paperwork is done
- Create holiday specials and promotions around impulse items
- Place promotion flyers in bags of every purchase
- Hot Specials signage
- Make sure you have your holiday inventory on hand
- Check your inventory daily restock as needed
- Have you rearranged store items for holidays
- Decorate the store
- Have special holiday sales contests for employees
- Display capabilities of phones (sample photos, videos)
- Train sales staff to ‘stack’ customers for busy season
- Implement a ‘walk by box’ for flyers on store specials
- Specials table outside store (close out)
- Promote the phone trade in program
- Send holiday special emails/txt msg/or mailers
- HAVE FUN!!!!
What other great ideas do you have?