I have said many times that I hope I come back as a cat in my next life. I mean, come on, they really have the life…at least my cats. They get to sleep whenever and wherever they want, canned cat food is considered gourmet, they can get comfortable in just about any position and on just about any surface, when they want attention there is always someone around to hold them, pet them, and scratch behind their ears, they don’t have to clean up after themselves, they don’t care about their weight or how they look, and all they have to do is meow to get food and / or attention. Doesn’t that sound like the life? No stress, no worries…
A few ways kids should be more like cats:
- They should disappear when parents get mad, it might save them from getting in trouble as much.
- Cats generally like to be left alone. They don’t need a ton of attention, and when they do want attention it’s not hard to find it.
- They sleep all day…and then all night.
- They only need to be fed twice a day.
- The biggest mess they make is in the litter box and the occasional shredded toilet paper roll in the bathroom.
- Petting a cat can significantly reduce stress…petting kids does not have the same effect.
If you were to be reincarnated as an animal, which animal would you choose?